Conference & Workshop Facilitation & Events Management
In an “all systems in a room” we take a pyramid approach to help clients build on every aspect of programing such as the introduction of a project among stakeholders and developing a working cooperate stakeholder mechanism.
We help organisations answer the questions:
In order to plan for the future, you first need to reach a common understanding of the present circumstances.
To answer this question you will need to focus discussions on two key areas:
1. Analysing the external and internal environment; and
2. Reviewing (or developing) the vision, mission and values of the organisation.
Where do you want to be? Will you be running a business that hasn’t increased significantly in size? Will you command a rapidly growing empire? Will you have already cashed out and be relaxing on a beach somewhere, enjoying your hard-won gains?
Answering these questions is an important part of building a successful business. In fact, without knowing where you’re going, it’s not really possible to plan at all.
Business plans are inherently strategic. You start here, today, with certain resources and abilities. You want to get to a there, a point in the future (usually three to five years out) at which time your business will have a different set of resources and abilities as well as greater profitability and increased assets. Your plan shows how you will get from here to there.
How To Write A Business
Whether you’re starting or growing your business, you need a business plan. Your plan will provide the roadmap to achieve the success you want. The question shouldn’t be IF you write your plan, but how to write a business plan that will take your company where you want to go.
Your business plan is essentially your answers to a comprehensive list of questions. The first and most important question is this: where do you want your business to go? Stated differently, what do you want your business to look like in three, five or even 10 or more years? What level of revenues and profits do you have at that time? How many employees? How many locations? And so on.
Likewise, your business plan should answer these questions for a shorter time period, particularly one year. That is, what are your business’ goals for the current year, and what must you accomplish to make the year a success.
- Company Analysis: what products and/or services do you offer now and/or what will you develop and offer in the future?
- Industry Analysis: how big is/are your market(s) and how are they changing? What trends are affecting them and do these trends bode well for your future success?
- Competitive Analysis: who are your competitors and what are each of their key strengths and weaknesses? In what areas will you have or gain competitive advantage? How?
- Customer Analysis: who are your target customers? What are their demographic and/or psychographic profiles? What are their needs?
- Marketing Plan: how will your reach your target customers? What promotional tactics and marketing channels will you use? How will you price your products and/or services? What brand positioning do you desire for each?
- Management Team: who comprises your current team and what key hires must you make in order to execute on the opportunity in front of you. Will you build a Board of Advisors or Directors, and if so, who will you seek?
- Operations Plan: what is your action plan? What are the milestones you must accomplish to go from where you are now to where you want to be at year’s end? At the end of five years?
- Financial Plan: how much external funding (if applicable) do you need to build your company? In what areas will these funds be invested? What are your projected revenues and profits over the next one to five years? What assets must you acquire?
Peter Chiko Bwalya
Managing Director MBA-Fin, Bsc.Acc
The business plan is the key ingredient for a successful business and is often ignored. Venture Marketing shows you how to create an individualized business plan, and provides the tools to make it easy.
Want more information or updates?
Subscribe to our Awesome Newsletter.
Designed and developed to suit your every need our in-house training helps to identify & prioritize the area of improvement in order to make a contribution to the achievement of an organization’s strategic goals.
Flat 1 Gestetner building, Broadway Ndola
Plot 1310 Magwero Rd, Highlands, Chipata
Plot 145H Magodi Road , Light Industrial Area, Kitwe
0966 / 0977 453936/0975 259914